For a perfect night’s sleep.
Guesthouse accommodation is perfect for:
- A weekend retreat for 1 or 2
- A long weekend adventure for a group of friends
- A location for a family, group or school reunions, weddings, birthdays or anniversaries
- Sporting or leisure groups who prefer to stay together.
- Work groups or corporate travellers
- Small corporate retreats for business planning or away days.
If you would like to book the whole house for your private event or function, we can cater up to 17 people – talk to us, we’ll work something out!
What does it cost?
Our quiet tastefully finished rooms give you the best chance of a great night’s sleep.
We offer well appointed private rooms which have tea and coffee facilities provided.
- Prices are valid until 1st Oct 2018
(but prices can change without notice please check when booking)
- Queen bed rooms at $110 per night – 4 rooms available ( 2 persons max – 1 bed)
- Twin king single bed room at $110 per night – 2 rooms available ( 2 persons max – 2 beds)
- King Single bed room at $85 per night – 1 room only (1 person max)
- Bed linen and bath towels are provided however please bring your own recreational / adventure towels.
- Hairdryers are available in our private rooms.
- Group room ideal for adventure / hiking groups – 1 room only (6 persons max – must be booked as a group, beds will not be sold individually) Price on request.
- This property is not suitable for young children, please discuss with us before booking.
Unpack, explore, unwind
The Guesthouse is well suited to discerning travellers looking for quieter accommodation off the main street, who have a great sense of adventure, are fun, fit, active and appreciate a great night’s sleep – and usually have a slightly more mature attitude to life!
So, make the right choice, unpack your bag, relax and enjoy peace of mind knowing that you and your belongings are safe, and you are free to actively explore and discover all that Thames, the Coromandel and Hauraki regions have to offer.
At the end of the day, walk in the door to the warm, comfortable ambience of the Guesthouse and know that there is space to stretch out and relax in the lounge, dining room or outdoor entertaining area.
Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
A clean fresh start to your day
Our guests are welcome to enjoy our complimentary continental buffet breakfast between 8 and 9am daily. This includes fresh seasonal fruit, a variety of cereals, breads, toasts, a selection of jams and spreads along with different teas and filtered coffee.
Alternatively you are welcome to whip up a cooked breakfast with your own ingredients if you prefer.
Self catering and entertainment
Just like home!
With the local supermarket within walking distance, you can create your own BBQ on the deck, whip up a quick snack, organise a picnic lunch or put together an impromptu gathering from the great selection of produce available around town or at the local Saturday markets in Grahamstown.
Shared Bathroom facilities
It’s different, because it’s heritage
As part of the refurbishment of the guesthouse, we have chosen to honour the original heritage building structure and design as much as possible.
The original 1860’s bathroom facilities were very small and on the ground floor, the bathrooms were moved upstairs in the 1970’s replacing 2 small bedrooms. Utilising the original wall structures they are designed to provide you with privacy and personal space for your shower, within the larger shared bathroom and ‘wet area’ of the guesthouse. This bathroom area is very close to all the private rooms. Apologies but we are unable to offer rooms with private ensuites.
Technology and Wi-fi
Our focus is to provide a relaxed, friendly environment for everyone to enjoy quality ‘time out’ and we like it the old way… where people chat among themselves, share their stories, create new friends and learn of new adventures.
However if you absolutely must have it, we do have free Wifi for those important emails or for you to check in on facebook or leave us a great review.
We do have television with a movie collection – but it is not a key aspect of the guesthouse. In fact, it is hidden away in a cabinet.
We encourage you to put the technology away, get out a book or enjoy the day or evening strolls and sunsets along the foreshores of Thames.